Learner Profiles & Action Cycle
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
IB learners strive to be…
- Caring—Be kind, considerate and sensitive to other people’s needs. Show empathy.
- Thinkers—Use thinking skills to make good choices and solve problems.
- Risk-Takers—Try new things. Believe in yourself and learn from your mistakes.
- Knowledgeable—Learn about yourself and your world.
- Balanced—Find the balance between work and play as well as body and mind.
- Open-Minded—Try to understand others. Experience new things.
- Communicators—Share thoughts and feelings clearly with others. Use other languages.
- Principled—Try to do what is right. Be responsible for yourself and respectful of others.
- Reflective—Think about actions and learning to guide better choices.
- Inquirers—Be curious about new things. Ask questions and look for information independently
The Action Cycle
IB learners are encouraged to take action. This helps our students to develop skills like cooperation, creative thinking, problem solving, conflict resolution, and critical thinking.
IB learners develop essential skills that help prepare them for lifelong learning.